IGLESIA DE GUAYACÁN, COQUIMBO
Survey, diagnosis, intervention criteria, and restoration project for the recovery and enhancement of the Guayacán Church, located in the town of Guayacán, Coquimbo commune, IV Region. The Church is a remarkable example of the Belgian precast steel system developed by the Danly brothers in the 19th century. Built in 1889 in the courtyard of the former Errázuriz & Urmeneta copper foundry, it represents not only an example of industrial architecture on the world stage, but is also one of the main vestiges of the copper smelting boom when Chile first Once it was positioned as one of the main exporters of this mineral worldwide at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century.
CLIENT: Gobierno Regional Región de Coquimbo
TECHNICAL UNIT: DA MOP Región de Coquimbo
LOCATION: Urmeneta N° 1135 Guayacán, Coquimbo, IV Region.
SURFACE: 425 m2
PROJECT YEAR: 2014-2016
ARCHITECTS: Tandem Limitada
ENGINEERING: Sergio Contreras y Asociados.
HISTORICAL ANALYSIS: Victoria Correa